School Health Services
Click here for current information about school health issues.
School health services are provided as a safety net for children. The goal is to promote a healthy learning environment. School nurses work with, and as a complement to local primary providers by encouraging students to seek and maintain appropriate life-long wellness care with a practitioner of their choice.
Direct services to students are offered in the following categories:
- first aid for accidents and/or sudden illness
- storage, dispensation, and accountability for prescribed medications
- adherence to state mandates for student immunizations and physical exam requirements
- carrying out mandated screening programs for hearing and vision
- assisting students to manage ongoing health issues so they can be successful in school
- monitoring and containing actual or potential spread of communicable illnesses and infestations
See also: What Services do School Nurses Provide?
|Burnley Moran||Gemma Bryant Furman||245-2484|
|Jackson-Via||Marcia (Dee) Bell||245-2565|
See also: High School Health Services